Tuesday, May 13, 2008

New Job!

So folks I have been driving 45 minutes to work the past 3 weeks, it was quite the drive. I know you folks in the SLC area think that is very long, but for us southerners that's longer than necessary! :) So I applied at a school that is 5 min away from our house and they called to hire me the next day! Yeah!! So I will be teaching 2nd grade next year (this year I taught Special Education). I am having mixed emotions about the whole thing...I love teaching special ed, there just weren't any openings in my area, I taught 2nd grade for my student teaching and loved the kids it was fun, so I'm sad, and excited all at once! I know for sure that I'm going to have a busy summer setting up my room and getting all of my lessons planned but it will be worth it!

3 comments:

Rengers said...

Congrats on the new job. I hope you will enjoy it

*rOcKiN rIcHiNs* said...

I so proud of you!

nathan said...

congrats!!!!! that will be so nice. Grandma was talking about your guys commute. If it is not necessary than why? :) especially with Gas soooo expenisive right? You guys are so cute, love the house!!!