Saturday, August 6, 2011

ThiNGs I have leaRNed this SuMMer (2011)

I took my friend Nikki's challenge to post 10 things I learned this summer,
excerpt from her blog....but holds pretty dang true to me!! :)
 Because school is about to start and I am a teacher, I feel inclined to reflect on the summer and what I learned. I think that it is highly important to continue to learn while in the summer months, (did you know that the average student looses nearly 1/2 a grade level during the summer break? Crazy huh?) so...I have compiled a list of things that I have learned during this summer, so I do not have to face the fact that I may have gotten a little dumber...and probably a lot lazier...


So here it is......
  Things I have Learned Summer 2011
1. Potty training can control your life!!  Braxton is 7/8 of the way potty trained.  He is just slightly obstinate and still poops in his undies....ugg I hate cleaning poop out of undies~ hence why I used disposable diapers. 
2.  The splash pad is AMAZING!  seriously the kids can play for hours, but lesson learned Mommy must wear her swimsuit and plan to get wet!
3.Boston CAN DO lots of things that he doesn't want to do.....Like walk, go down the stairs the right way ( he now does this all the time) play by himself! He took like 6 steps to my dad, not wobbly or anything but will he do it again, Uhhh NOOO!  
4.  I hate clutter!!!  ya it's true I discovered that I HATE it!!!
5.  When I don't drink enough water, I get killer headaches.  Ya I've known this along time, but discovered it this summer.
6.  It feels so nice to have your (new) classroom all set up before the  week before school starts!  Thank you summer school!!
7.  It doesn't matter how much you plan and plan, things will always go wrong, just roll with it.
8.  I like having my body back! ( not pregnant or nursing,) I actually feel kinda skinny and cute!
9.  My family is my life......if you look at my Facebook posts 90%  are about my kids/family
10.  You are never too old to have your momma help you!  She has been my life saver this summer, helping me with the kids, classroom, party planning and fixing up the house and yard!


And now... in true teacher spirit, I challenge you all to post 10 things that you have learned over the summer. Seriously, I want you to do it or I might think that you too, have gotten a little dumber...:)

1 comment:

*rOcKiN rIcHiNs* said...

You did it! Yay! I loved that you learned!